Happy Wednesday, Northfield! Here’s everything you need to know that’s happening locally today.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy; windy, cooler. High: 43 Low: 18.
Here are the best stories in Northfield today:
- here is which stores will be open on Thanksgiving day in the Northfield area. (Northfield Patch)
- Here’s how to cook a affordable Thanksgiving dinner. (Northfield Patch)
- St. Olaf students bring various barbers at campus. (Minnesota Public Radio News)
Today’s Northfield Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
Today in Northfield:
- General Chamber Orientation – Northfield Region Chamber of Commerce (8 hrs)
- Be Local Buy Virtual Local – Northfield Region Chamber of Commerce (9:00 am)
Northfield patch notebook
- Dakota County Sheriff’s Office: âThis week it is important to be careful when traveling. During the Thanksgiving holidays, there are an average of 66 impaired driving arrests on Blackout Wednesday alone and an average of 66 accidents during the Thanksgiving holidays. vacation…” (Facebook)
- Northfield Public Schools Community Education: âCheck out our progress at NCEC! Phase 1 of the renovation of the old media center has been completed. Many thanks to Bierman for installing the new carpet! “(Facebook)
- City of Northfield, Minnesota: “Apartment managers, housing partners and tenants are invited to attend an information meeting on the proposed changes to the rental permit program …” (Facebook)
- City of Northfield, Minnesota: “Northfield Police Chief recalls winter parking ban (no parking on city streets from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.) that began Nov. 15, Rice County Chemical & Mental discusses Health Coalition, traffic changes near Bridgewater Elementary … “(Facebook)
- Healthy Community Initiative: âPediatrician Ben Flannery, MD, strongly recommends the COVID-19 vaccine for your childrenâ¦ and his. Fifth move, Flannery clan! Schedule a vaccine now at Northfield Hospital + Clinics for ages 5 and up. Call 507-646-8019 … “(Facebook)
- City of Northfield, Minnesota: “The City of Northfield is seeking candidates to fill three volunteer positions for vacancies on the City Charter Commission. The vacancies are for terms that expire December 31, 2025 …” (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
Please follow and stay informed. See you tomorrow for another update! If you like these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read them. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Morgan reddekopp
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, concerns, or story ideas at [email protected] and follow me on Twitter @ReddekoppMorgan for more updates.
I grew up in Eagan, Minnesota, before attending Winona State University, where I majored in creative digital media and a minor in journalism and creative writing. I am very happy to be a journalist in my hometown! In my spare time I like to paint, draw and write. I am currently working on my poetry manuscript and I also enjoy hiking and being outdoors.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Northfield Daily? You can reach me at [email protected]